Generate files for Linux and OS X
This "HOW TO" describes how to make your own ZGameEditor projects run under Linux and Mac OS X (Intel x86).
1. Start ZGameEditor
2. Open your project or one of the sample projects.
3. Choose to generate a binary for the target platform:
4. Copy the generated binary to the target platform.
- OpenGL must be installed
- SDL must be installed
Also note that on Linux you must check 2 things: first of all, the file must be executable. You can set the file executable from a shell terminal with the command "chmod 755 your_file_name", or from a filemanager application. Plus, the engine looks for a lib called "libGL.so". You might have some other libs like "libGL.so.1" or "libGL.so.1.2" installed in your "usr/lib" folder. If this is the case, you can create a system link using the command "ln -s usr/lib/libGL.so.1 usr/lib/libGL.so". Root privileges are needed.
- Built-in font not supported, use bitmapped fonts instead
- Binaries are quite large and cannot be compressed with UPX
WolfAndBart-application running on Ubuntu Linux
ShaderDemo-application running on Mac OS X